Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saving Seeds - Start Planning Now!

One of the great pleasures of gardening is the annual winter tradition of studying seed catalogues. I love flipping through the pages of the old-fashioned paper catalogues, but the internet brings a whole slew of new possibilities right to my desktop. Here are some of my favourites (lots of heirloom, open-pollinated varieties):
Seed Saver's Exchange
Salt Spring Seeds
The Cottage Gardener Heirloom Seed and Plant Nursery
West Coast Seeds
Annapolis Seeds
Let me know which seed suppliers make you particularly happy and I'll add the to the list... Happy Garden Dreaming!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki, altho I have had to relocate for 5 weeks for medical treatment, I have brought all my catalogues with me!

    Over the next week or so, I'll be poring thru them all, planning for my Veggie Garden of 2010.

    I can't wait! There's nothing like sitting with a cup of tea looking out at the snow, and planning for the summer gardens!

    ReplyDelete